All of the policies below are intended to ensure the greatest possible degree of comfort and safety of my guests.
Children of all ages are always welcome at Aunt Martha’s House!
The Tuscany room can accommodate one or two twin sized inflatable beds or a travel crib.
The Rose and California rooms can each accommodate a cot or a travel size crib as well.
I have three twin sized airbeds and can borrow a travel crib if needed.
Please discuss your need for child accommodations with the innkeeper when you call for a reservation – I want your family’s stay to be the best that it can be. Also, if your child is a picky eater, let me know in advance so I can be sure to have his/her favorite breakfast foods and snacks in the house – just like the indulgent aunt I am! I normally have orange and apple juice and 2% milk available but will happily stock something else if your child has a special request.
I have a limited selection of children’s books, toys and games available for the asking as well as a few child appropriate DVDs. Each guest room is equipped with a TV and Blu-Ray player.
There will be an extra charge of $5 per night per child (ages 2 to 12 years) and $10 for any young person over 12. There is no extra charge for infants and toddlers under the age of 2.
All I ask is that you and your children respect the privacy and needs of other guests.
Well-trained and well-behaved dogs and cats are welcome under the following house rules:
- Advance notice and approval is required for any pet guest.
- For the safety of all, vaccination certificates must be provided for review at check-in for any guest pet.
- A cat or small to medium sized dog can stay with you in the guest room. Large dogs can be accommodated in the dog run outside or in a crate in the basement. The city’s leash law prohibits dogs running loose and the guest rooms are not large enough to accommodate big dogs.
- Pets must be crated at all times when left in the room alone.
- No rodent or reptile pets please.
- Guests are responsible for keeping their pets quiet and for cleaning up after them. Any damage caused by the pet will be the financial responsibility of the guest.
- There is an additional charge of $10 per night for pets.
- Please talk to me about arrangements you require for your pet when you call for reservations.
No smoking inside the house at any time. There are ample porches and grassy areas outside the house.
I sincerely hope that you will be able to stay at Aunt Martha’s House, but if circumstances require you to cancel please me as much notice as you can so that I can make the room available to another guest. I will cheerfully refund your deposit minus a $15 processing fee if you cancel more than 48 hours before your scheduled stay. There will be no refund of the deposit for cancellations less than 48 hours before the reservation.